bohodogon, who created this brand and concept?









I live on an Island off Greece, in a far away magical place most people would want to run away to.

In fact I was one of those people who would sit in my office day after day and look out of my office window down into a grey smoggy city below and for hours dream about some far away place.
I never felt I belonged anywhere, unless the sun shone down on me, and that I would be surrounded by animals and nature.
In my twenties I surrounded myself with the glitz and glamour of the Middle east, working for television and radio, and as a personal stylist and shopper mostly wearing black. Celebrities, politicians, and wealthy people were a regular stream in my old life. It gave me the insight to seek further,... deeper within my own psyche, of what it was I really wanted, really craved for.
I followed the path of inspiration,....and it took me to many different worlds.....







Never in my wildest dreams did I think back then, that one day I would be living this dream together with my husband.




I wake up every morning with the sea right in front of me, smelling the fresh vibrant crisp sea air and feeling the wind all around me. My tamed outdoor cats wanting to be fed, with big furry smiles  in their eyes.
It sounds almost cliched but the more calm I became inside, the more the inner inspiration grew and shaped my concept and dream of one day having my own fashion label.




Olive trees all around me, living rural is what I love the most. The older I have become, the younger I feel inside, the less noise I want to hear around me, the more nature sounds I can tune into.

Its blissful.

 I work from home, and anywhere I want, by the sea, in a cafe watching people stroll by, speaking with strangers, gathering information about their lives, the colours and textures what people wear, from all over the globe as they walk by.
Everything around me inspires me,... and its in this timeless bubble I can create...........





Life continually offers surprises along the way, with natures colours and designs is how i get inspired
creating my bohemian fashion items and looks.

Animals, nature and living in an eco friendly way is something I love, so why would i want to eat my friends:)
Live how you want, I choose to always live my highest integrity.



My designs are created together with tribal communities in different areas around the planet. I want the crafts to be preserved for our future generations, which is why my love for the exotic, the self made, the self crafted is so strong within me. My deep respect for their knowledge and wisdom,patience for being able to put so much love into everything they do.



 The kantha jackets are co created together with a tribe in India, who dedicate them selves to hand block printing on luxury kantha cottons with my own cut and designs in all types of colours.




My use of colours are vibrant, and the textiles I use, and fabrics need to be the most sensual to touch, and most intense to see.

I am a sensualist, and love the smell, the sight, the taste, the feel of life, and this I put into everything that I do.


I am a humanitarian, and work together in preserving the planet, which is why I  work together with tribal communities, preserving their craft, their wisdom and ancient knowledge.




My brand is about coming together, 

coming back within the heart, where all inspiration flows.

Where women unite as sisters, mothers and friends.

We are colourful beings, we are the nurturers, we are the life givers.

and we can choose at anytime whatever we want.


bohodogon  is for those that have the courage to be themselves completely.

free spirited and alive.

"We may travel the world,
and some of us get lost along the way
when we listen to our hearts
without fear
we find home
no matter where 
back within our hearts"


bohodogon once upon a star.

https://www.facebook.com/BOHODOGON/

https://www.instagram.com/bohodogon/

www.bohodogon.com







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bohodogon once upon a star bohemian fashion for women

What is Kantha?